Start a successful future as part of our team!
At Building Materials Nationwide, our future is rooted in helping our customers source the building materials and tools they need. We are looking for people who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart.
From humble beginnings in 2003, Building Materials Nationwide has become a leading supplier of materials and tools for the construction industry and passionate DIYers. In 20 years, we have grown from a one-man band to a UK-wide business of more than 60 staff members. Our website consists of more than 45,000 products and we are continuing to grow at a fast pace to reach ambitious targets.
Be part of a growing company
We have ambitious targets and are rapidly expanding. An ethos close to our heart is "people buy from people" and we are looking for driven and vibrant individuals to join our team.
We do not focus on the products we sell, but on the people that sell them. The knock-on effect is we have experienced growth year after year, and this will only continue as we keep expanding our team. Browse our current vacancies below and, if you think you are an excellent fit for Building Materials Nationwide, we want to hear from you!
Who we are looking for
When applying for a role here, we particularly look for individuals who can demonstrate these key characteristics.
- Target-driven - you are driven by achieving and exceeding targets across the business.
- Positive - you remain positive with everything that you do and in the communications with clients
- Organised - you prioritise tasks and organise your daily schedule to make sure everything is completed on time.
- Friendly - you are always welcoming to customers that contact us and maintain a friendly attitude towards your colleagues.
- Helpful - you want to help every customer find exactly what they need as well as your colleagues to do an excellent job.
- Resilient - you bounce back from negative situations and welcome critical feedback.
Why join Building Materials Nationwide
We are not just a great company and an amazing bunch of people to work with, but we are also looking after our teams, making sure that every employee feels motivated and receives the support they need.
Each individual's situation and requirements are different and we are big advocates of a good work-life balance, offering flexibility around working hours and working location.
If these are not enough, here are a few more reasons for joining our team:
- Get the Christmas to New Year off in addition to your annual leave allowance.
- Access to Vitality Health Insurance - with a discounted gym membership and other rewards.
- Use of Perkbox - we use it for gift rewards to staff members regularly.
- A friendly, motivated, young, and supportive team.
- Plenty of growth opportunities.
- A fun working environment with a full-size pool table and PlayStation on site.
- Regular out-of-work events and quarterly awards to recognise team and individual success.
Our company values
Our company values are crucial to everything we do, from helping customers find the right product at the right price to offering a user-friendly online experience.
We provide an honest service to all of our customers.
We are loyal to our people and our customers.
We take ownership of everything we do.
We always bounce back from tough challenges.
We are an ambitious bunch striving for excellence.
We help each other to do incredible things across the business.
(next intake in March 2024)
Join our Twyford team and start your own customer base and build relationships to nurture your long-term earning potential. Full sales training provided and uncapped commission. If you have got what it takes, get in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I have an opportunity to upskill in my career?
Definitely. There are a few of us who started in completely different roles at the company than what we do today. Have a chat with your line manager to discuss spending time with a colleague from another department.
Is there scope for flexible working?
Yes. This will depend on your role within the company. We have staff members who work from home across the UK, and many others based in our head office in Twyford near Reading.
Can I apply for multiple vacancies?
Yes. You are welcome to apply for more than one vacancy if your experience and skill set match the essential criteria for the role(s).
What training opportunities will be available?
We encourage everyone to take part in regular online training modules which are uploaded onto our internal training system.
Can I apply for another position at Building Materials Nationwide if I am unsuccessful with my original application?
Yes, you are able to apply for other positions with us even if your original application has been unsuccessful. With each application, you should outline why you believe you are a suitable candidate for that role.